What to expect
In a Create! studio art (painting, drawing or craft) class
Watch the demonstration, listen to the instructions, follow along yourself.
Use the material or technique to get confident following the example.
Once you have the knowledge, carry on experimenting, learning and practising.
In a studio I give you all the help I can to help you have an excellent experience.
Upon booking you will receive an email notification which tells you the course instructions and confirmation of dates.
On the day:
Create! is in a residential area so please be mindful of our neighbours with regards to parking, entering and leaving the studio. There is plenty of parking over in West Park (a short 2 min walk away across Loughborough Road) if you cannot locate a space directly outside.
Tea and coffee will be available on arrival, please arrive 5 minutes before the class start time to grab an drink and make yourself comfortable.
During the Class:
- Helen (or guest tutor) will take you through how to create a piece of art step by step.
- She demonstrates in real time so you can draw or paint along
- You can see every detail as she uses a visualiser (Desk camera) which is then shown on a big TV so you can pick up even the smallest stroke! - We explore different subjects and materials every week so you will have the chance to find one you love. Click here to find out about the materials Helen uses in the painting and drawing sessions.
- There is usually an opportunity during the class to have a 'free draw or paint' using the materials and techniques we have learnt in the demonstration.
After the class:
- Bring a folder or bag to take your masterpieces home in.
- Feel free to continue practising and experimenting using the ideas provided by Helen or others you have found yourselves.
- The sessions can be recorded if you know you are going to be away...please give Helen notice if this is the case. - You can then access the videos via the "Catch up" in your library
“I have been coming to Helen’s art classes for almost two years. I have loved the variety and challenge Helen provides us with at every drawing class on a Wednesday morning. She is a very talented teacher both in the studio and on Zoom."
“I have joined Create Art School and it's the best thing I have done, the atmosphere is happy and people are very friendly. It's lovely getting to make new friends. Helen goes through everything with you if you're not confident she will help you through it step by step. I would highly recommend joining her classes there is so much variety in her work something to suit everyone. Going through this pandemic has been so stressful but since I started Creative Art School, it's lifted my spirits I feel I have a focus in life."
“I have only discovered art this year with lockdown and am trying out various aspects of it. Joining Helens online classes have really helped me to try out different mediums and given me lots of new ideas. Helen is a great teacher, so welcoming and very patient and I am really enjoying being part of her classes. I can highly recommend them.”
Kate L says
“Helen is the most wonderful teacher. I’ve gone from being someone who thought any kind of art was unattainable for me, to being someone who takes a sketchbook on holiday and who produces work I’m really proud of. Helen makes it all feel possible and do-able. She’s really relaxed in her teaching but still conveys technique and method, almost without you realising. I can’t recommend her classes highly enough."
Join my FREE Create! Art Club
We will keep you inspired with all our news, courses, artwork, creative tips and ideas.
The Create! art school club is a wonderful place to share artistic achievements and take place in discussions and support with like minded people. Click here to join our FREE Facebook art clubJoin the Club
Sign up and access my FREE downloadable drawing materials guide.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.